Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

Stoney Creek Iris - any experience with them?

earthlydelights
17 years ago

I would like to place an order, possibly visit since they are an hour or so away. I realize it's a small operation, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this outfit to recommend them.

Thanks

Maryanne

Comments (10)

• badzoe
    17 years ago

I ordered from them last year and I was very pleased. I received a few bonus iris too. Katie sent a personal order confirmation (not automated). I will order from Stoney Creek again.

Kristi

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks for the information kristi. i'm even thinking of visiting, if they allow it, during bloom season. what a sight that must be!

maryanne

• badzoe
    17 years ago

I'm so jealose that you live close enough to visit!

Kristi

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kristi, i am probably 2 hours away. i'm forever looking at iris sites and i always see where they have "peak bloom season" and visitors are welcome, that it was such a thrill to find one close enough to make an unforgettable sight.

i have emailed stoney creek with some questions and have received prompt response which of course let to more questions and additional correspondence on both ends. i also have an order on hold.

what part of pa are you located? i'm right outside philadelphia and today made 106 murders in that city. it's so sickening. thank God for flowers - they really can wash the nasties away!

maryanne

• badzoe
    17 years ago

Hi Maryanne,

I live about an hour north of Phila and only one mile from Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve. So I guess that I'm about 2+ hours from Stoney Creek Iris, too. The thought never crossed my mind to visit Stoney Creek since I have a toddler and she would be a real pip in the car for that long of a car ride.

It's sad about the murder rate in Philly. The city seems to be in a decline right now, which is too bad since it has so much to offer.

Kristi

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kristi...i bet she would do well in the car - car rides always put kids to sleep. and i would imagine she would love seeing all the flowers!

how did you make out in all this weather, did your area get hit real bad?

maryanne

• caliloo
    17 years ago

Hey Kristi!

I think we're almost close enough to be neighbors! I am about 5 miles from Bowman's Tower. I would love to plan a get together when (if??? LOL) the gardens ever get a chance to grow a little. After all this rain, we certainly need some warm spring days to kick start everything.

If you have a chance, shoot me an email using my forum nickname @ yahoo.com I love meeting GW buddies IRL.

BTW - I don't know anything about Stoney Creek Iris, but a friend has had wonderful experiences with Zebra Gardens Iris.

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: Zebra Gardens Iris

• badzoe
    17 years ago

Hi Maryanne,

You have planted a thought about taking my daughter to Stoney Creek--I might actually take a trip there. If I planned it so my daughter would be in the car during her nap times, then it could work. Hmmmm...

We made out just fine from all of the rain, despite the fact that we got over 7 inches! Some roads were closed and some people had basements flooded, but that was the extent of the damage. How did you fare? I can't wait for this weekend, the forecasters are calling for warm weather and sunshine!

I don't know if you are close to Doylestown, but Heronswood is having their spring open house tomorrow and Saturday. I haven't been to an open house yet so I am looking forward to going. I've never ordered from them but I just may pick up a plant or two when I am there.

Kristi

• beaglady
    17 years ago

Stoney Creek Iris will be at the Herb Festival at Landis Valley Farm Museum, May 11 & 12th. The iris that will be for sale will not be in bloom because of the cold spring, but she's bringing pictures. I'll be her helper at the event.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

b-lady, i'm so hoping to attend that with my niece. i also will be visiting stoney creek in late may during bloom time. i've already reserved an order and hope to pick up more as well. i can't get enough iris truth be told!

thanks for the info.
    maryanne

Sponsored