Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannek_nepa

Hall's Nursery

jeannek_NEPA
17 years ago

I visited Hall's over the weekend and got some perennials cheap! Gallon pots 6.99 each or 2/$10. I picked up 2 coreopsis and 2 veronica. (Personally, I thought the shrubs were sad looking.) When I mentioned it to 2 different neighbors, one told me Hall's is closing (divorce?) and one said it is for sale. I saw no signs, but it may be something to watch. If closing, I'm guessing there may be sales?

And of course, I must go back...they had cardinal flower and I'm sure I need that to draw butterflies and hummers... :)

Jeanne

Comments (8)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    17 years ago

Hmmmm Jeanne, that's a good price..... but you know what else is also a good price? FREE! -as in free plants at the May plant swap!!!!
    Are you ready????

Funny you should post this. A friend of mine just emailed me today with the same news. He said the place was closing and that it was for sale. He suggested we buy it and run it ourselves, but that's kind of like a drug addict opening a pharmacy..... not the best combo.

I don't get that way much. Could you let me know if there are any good sales going on?

• jeannek_NEPA
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Frank,
    I will not dig anything until a day or 2 before the swap. Better it lives in ground than dies on my porch, LOL. So until that day, I will not be ready :)
    Yes, yes, for you, I will sacrifice and continue visiting Halls, looking for bargains...I'm nice that way, LOL.

Jeanne

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    17 years ago

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sunday works better for me... that way i can dg on Saturday instead of in the dark Friday after work!

It's so good of you to keep an eye on things for me. You're definately a giver

• jeannek_NEPA
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My neighbor was in Hall's since I've been and says June 18 is the final day. I'm going to try to get in tomorrow, after I get back from Reading. What is a good sale to you, kato? Is there something specific you are looking for?

Jeanne

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    16 years ago

Did you get anything else? I'm always curious to see what others are buying..... it has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that cuttings or divisions may someday be coming my way ! LOL

I think 75% off is a tempting sale. -but that's only because I'm trying to reduce the number of plants i have, not increase! I do need to get some annuals for the summer pots. The good thing about annuals is they die overwinter and i get to refill all the pots each spring!... or is that their drawback? I forget.

• jeannek_NEPA
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Frank,
    I picked up 1 each: monarda, cardinal flower and a daisy. Through May 13, gallon perennials are 3/$12. I would have liked to buy more, but my daughter has 2 proms coming up (WA and Coughlin), so my money will be spent elsewhere in the immediate future, LOL (she borrowed a dress for Coughlin, thankfully). Plus mulch. I need mulch. I'm trying to extend a bed and need something to put over the newspaper and cardboard.

I picked up two 24pk of pansies at the Edwardsville Lowe's a few weeks ago - clearanced at $3 each pack. Evidently, they are not too hot at watering there, and they were droopy. They are perky here. I water. They are probably the only annuals I'll do.

Jeanne

• gerry_wyomingpa
    16 years ago

I was just there the other day, and wondered why they had no flats of annuals, so of course after reading this I had to dash back to get those 2 heuchera I wanted, of course they were gone :-(

See you guys soon...well maybe not Frank, but I might catch him dropping things off and force a few other plants on him.

Gerry

PS...Jeanne, I know I haven;t called you yet, but I am so behind on things, so I will just get to meet you on Sunday I guess and IF you can get one of the white lilacs, I would love one, just in case Frank does not make it here with his.

• jeannek_NEPA
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok Gerry, I will bring you a white lilac.

See you tomorrow,
    Jeanne

Sponsored