Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grand opening at Phipp's

Posted by Susiebuckhouse 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 05 at 20:15

If anyone wants to see the new front entrance at phipps Conservatory, the grand opening is on Saturday. Admission is FREE from 11 A.M. until 4 P.M. I am going to renew my membership. I saw some scences on "Pgh. Today", and I'm not sure if I like the new entrance. All of that glass, but I didn't see any plants. Got to see it in person, I guess. Here is the link.
http://www.phipps.conservatory.org/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grand opening at Phipp's

• Posted by Minaku z6 Pittsburgh (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 3, 05 at 18:21

I went last week to see the Spring Flower Show... very nice orchids! (I have some great pictures, maybe I should upload to the gallery?) At that time they were giving out Sweet Alyssum. They were all pretty short, about 1-1.5 inches, stout, lots of leaves.

I do like the new entrance but you're right, it has no plants. My roommate and I were commenting on all the white in there, and the lack of seeds in the gift shop (right now they have an exhibit on natural remedies, but no seeds to grow your own plants).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here