Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gotta love the Plant Station

Posted by EarthlyDelights Z6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 20:33

Drove by yesterday on my way to an appointment. sign said fill your trunk $20.00 (easter leftover flowers). ha ha ha - i drive a van, boy oh boy did i make out like a fat rat. i have to admit, the owner is quite generous. (thanks eddie) although much of what i got won't be anything until next year, i can see it! the easter lilies are still blooming beautifully and look wonderful lining my side yard. it was also rather nice to share with friends, family and neighbors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gotta love the Plant Station

where is The Plant Station??!

o

skippy,

it's at the corner of philmont and byberry road, diagonal from the wawa - it's northeast philadelphia bordering what i believe is lower moreland. are you familiar with the area? i can be more specific if need be.

o

You lucked out.

I grew up in NE Philly live out in DELCO now.

Kathy

o

I was so tempted myself when I drove by there. It was sad to see so many plants flowering in the closed-up boxes. I'm glad that you rescued so many of the poor things.

If you think Flower Station is cheap...you need to experience real cheap at Produce Junction on Knights Road, just north of Franklin Mills. Full flats of annuals are $5.00. They don't have a great selection but if you do common annuals, it's a great source.

o

di, i wish i could have rescued all of the plants. the big dumpster was packed with them. (i wanted the dumpster to be delivered to my house LOL)

as for produce juntion, i have purchased from them before at the one in glenside. as a matter of fact the dusty miller, which i was first told was an annual, is on it's 3rd year on my property. i just noticed the other day, one of them is actually flowering, which surprised me to no end.

i'm already missing franks. i hope someone puts a new garden center somewhere close by.

i am going to try a few other local places that i have been reading about on this forum.

o

check out
www.greensgrow.org

(I just found out about this place, haven't been there yet)

o

philly houseplants on 13th and Bainbridge in S. Philly is the best

o

never heard of philly houseplants. going to do a search and see if they have a web site - can i assume there is more there than just houseplants?

thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here