Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadylady_pa

Any Shipments Yet?

shadylady_pa
19 years ago

I only placed an order to Bluestone this year, which I am anxiously awaiting. I had a gift certificate to White Flower Farm, but haven't ordered anything yet because for the past two years, they shipped way too early for me.

Has anyone here gotten a shipment yet? Where from? What's in it? Have you been able to plant yet?

Comments (12)

• gerry_wyomingpa
    19 years ago

I got my first shipment today, from Witherspoon Roses...Honey Dijon, Intrigue and Brandy...I did do some planting on Tuesday, three other roses which I purchased locally.

I have three more rose orders coming and two perennial orders, all this month, or very early next!

Gerry

• coriander
    19 years ago

Stark Brothers sent fruit trees two weeks ago and I planted them. I received the Raintree Nursery order yesterday and about have it done, raspberries, and chestnut trees. My local 4-H delivered strawberries and they are in the ground too.

coriander

• wolfe15136
    19 years ago

I got my order from Hortus Monday.

• naturenut_pa
    19 years ago

i received a shipment about 4 weeks ago from spring hill nursery. i received carnations, foxglove, columbine, coreopsis, trumpet vine. all were planted within a week and are doing very well. 2 weeks ago i received 12 bamboo from tradewinds nursery and planted them the day they arrived: 5 sasa palmata, 5 pseudosasa japonica and 2 ph. bissetti. all are doing well except for the palmata. they require shade until they adjust, but there isn't enough tree foliage.

• janepa
    19 years ago

I received my order of daylilies from Oakes on Friday. They arrived in great shape, and the fans are huge as usual, and there were two bonus plants sent also. We had a beautiful day for planting today, but because of my dear brother-in-law's funeral and much needed time with the family, they will be planted on Monday. There are four more orders of daylilies from other vendors to follow.
    Happy gardening. Jane

• carol_se_pa_6
    19 years ago

My roses from David Austin Roses arrived on Tuesday and were in the ground on Wednesday, in time for the rain on Thursday/Friday. What a great Saturday and Sunday - finally!

• shadylady_pa
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That's so exciting!

I just got my shipment from Bluestone today. Spring has officially begun!

• Kathy46
    19 years ago

Recieved my shipment of Phlox Mardis Gras from Bluestone last Friday.

Kathy

• mgood4u
    19 years ago

hey-I wonder where my stuff from Bluestone is!

• Treehgr
    19 years ago

I received a shipment from Springhill Nurseries on Monday. 3 russian sage, 3 fountain grass and 5 hosta.

In addition to these plants, I have 12 perenniels I bought last year when Frank's Nursery and Craft's went out of business. $.50 a piece and all survived the winter in my garage--veronicas, yarrow, columbines, butterfly bush, and one unidentified (hey it was 50 cents--couldn't resist!).

Plus I have evening primrose and white iris divisions from a co-worker. Needless to say, I will have a busy next couple of weeks!

But thank goodness spring is FINALLY here!

• chescobob
    19 years ago

I couldn't wait and went to a nursery outside D. C. to get 21 rose bushes. However, I received two mail shipments too: a Scentimental and Sunsprite from Edmunds last week; a Radiant Perfume and a Tuscan Sun from Jackson & Perkins yesterday, and next week my Just Joey, Honey Dijon, and George Burns from Rosemania are to be shipped.

I hope to put the Radiant Perfume and Tuscan Sun in the ground within the hour.

• peaches20
    19 years ago

I just received my shipment from Bluestone last Friday. Now I wish it would rain so I can plant. Ground is really dry and cracked.

Peaches

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio