Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Anyone up for a Bucks County Plant Swap?

caliloo
16 years ago

I would love to have a plant swap for the Bucks County gardeners - is anyone interested? I know we are all busy in our own gardens right now, but if you are splitting things, maybe you could pot up the extras and we could plan an informal get together in Tyler park sometime in July.

Does that sound do-able?

Please post here if you are interested

Thanks

Alexa

Comments (21)

• Pipersville_Carol
    16 years ago

I'd be game, although it's hard to think of dividing plants right now, given how parched everything is.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

alexa, i'm in montgomery county. maybe if you don't mind county-crashers, you could open this up to others. i for one would love to attend, if the date does not conflict with other happenings.

let me know.

thanks
    maryanne

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

maryanne - you would be welcome! I would love to meet you anyway since I sort of know you from the cooking forum. Please do check your calendar and see if the date is open.

I agree Carol, it is hard to think of it, but I am hoping sometime between now and the middle of July we do get some rain.

My water bill is going to be through the roof - I am out watering a different bed every day now....

Anyway- it is jsut a thought. I would love to be abel to meet my gardening neighbors.

Alexa

• marial1214
    16 years ago

I'm looking for some string bean seeds up here near Allentown. Does anyone have them to send me? Is it too late to put them in?

• badzoe
    16 years ago

Hi Alexa,

I'm in. Sounds like fun.

Kristi

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

alexa, i hope more people decide to join in. if this is a go, just let me know the date. your first post states in july, but no set date. i put another thread up stating maybe we an combine montco and philly. based on areas, we're all close enough.

thanks
    maryanne

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think it is a great idea to include Montco.

BTW - I also sent an email to the local garden club, I will let everyone know if they are going to participate too.

Alexa

• westhighlandblue
    16 years ago

I'd love to attend. I still have many of the plants that I missed giving away at the Montco swap.

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How does the weekend of July 14 - 15 sound? I think I am free both Sat & Sun, so I can be flexible.....

preferences?

Alexa

• Pipersville_Carol
    16 years ago

July 14 or 15 works for me. It's a New Moon. That's good for planting, right? (I'll take all the help I can get)

• westhighlandblue
    16 years ago

July 14 or 15 sounds good to me, too.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

works for me as well. i look forward to it.

how is this going to work? should i be potting stuff up now or making offers beforehand?

maryanne

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm excited! I can't wait to meet you all. If someone has run a swap before I am open to suggestions - I personally have never done it. Here is what I was thinking though.... How about we all pot up anything we would like to share. If someone brings 8 pots of "whatever" then they can take home 8 pots of something. If they bring 4 pots, then they take 4 pots.

Just to be fair, I may bring a hat and numbers and let everyone pick a draw number and then who ever has #1 gets to pick the 1st pot, then #2 gets to pick the 2nd pot, etc. That way everyone will get a shot at first choice. We can redraw for the first few rounds and then make it a free-for-all for the remaining stuff. Does that sound okay to everyone?

I don't want to get to hung up on formality, I would like this to be fun and have a chance to meet all of you!

Oh yea - and I think everyone should bring a "box lunch, I don't want to get too stressed about the food either.

Alexa

• gina032811
    16 years ago

please include me in bucks county swap...i live in langhorne...core creek park would be a good location under a tent...

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i have a nice assortment of iris, named and NOIDS - TB, variegated and historics.

i have quite a list of daylilies, although i'm not looking to disturb them unnecessarily as everything is sending up scapes, i will in fact dig certain ones if someone is looking for anything in particular.

i believe i might have a few extra lilacs - the old fashioned purple.

astilbe - i'd have to check on the names/colors.

tradescandia - purple profusion/viriginia and if there's enough to split, sweet kate.

asiatics of assorted colors

hosta - named and not

and then a ton of other stuff.....

what's everyone else got that they can share a piece of? maybe if we list some stuff, then we can all get an idea.

i was reading over the NEPA swap thread - might be a good starting point. maybe gerry if he reads other threads, can chime in and offer a little help.

maryanne

• westhighlandblue
    16 years ago

I (still) have the American Cranberry (5 or 6), the Fringe Tree, and the River Birch. I am going to rework my beds this weekend, and maybe I'll have more.

Maryanne: I'd really like some iris for my new beds, if you have any to spare. I love their foilage.

Anne

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

Hi Alexa,

I would love to meet all these nice people from this area---
    I will check around to see what I have to share.

Florence

• Annie_nj
    16 years ago

Hi Alexa

You might want to post on the NJ forum as well. Bucks County is just over the river. I'd be interested, but I cannot make that weekend. You might want to check with the mid-atlantic forum to see how they do their swaps. They seem to be very successful over quite a few years now. The swap we do at Steve's in Burlington Co. NJ is a more of a "put all the plants together, and then at the set time, everyone grabs what they want" type of swap. Most people are reasonable, and not too grabby, just make sure everyone understands the rules before. Plus Steve always has such nice plants, that usually everyone goes away happy. I would prefer to swap personally, mine for yours, but whichever it's fun.
    I hope you have a great swap, and maybe I'll be able to make the next one.

Annie

• badzoe
    16 years ago

Hi all,

I won't be joining you at the plant exchange since we have rented a house at the shore starting that weekend. I hope that you all have fun!

Kristi

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm back from vacation!

Is anyone still on for a plant swap? I am scratching my head for a location since Gov Cheesesteak has decided to close the State Parks. Depending on how many, I guess we could do it at my house.....

If you are still interested, shoot me an email at caliloo at yahoo dot com and we can decide the details.

Alexa

• HU-777609704
    2 years ago

H am monica and i would love to go to another plant swap i think your idea about putting numbers on a hat sounds great thats how most clubs do it most groups have theirs from april till june because its easier to dig up plants in the spring. i have about 12 plants to go for saturday. i am not on face book. there is a site bucks county

plant excange it would be nice if someone listed those findings..

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm