Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rain is a good thing, but............

Posted by jiggreen zone 6b, carlisle PA (My Page) on
Mon, May 15, 06 at 8:11

ok...a while back ago i was complaining to my DH about the lack of rain, now i am complaining about the deluges we've been having!! i'm just never happy! :)

actually, i feel ripped off. the downpours we've been having have completely demolished the blooms on my spireas. just as they were at their peak, the rains came and stripped off all of the petals :( now i'll have to wait another whole year to enjoy them in their glory!

i'm sure glad we got the rain, but come on, isnt' there a happy medium??!!

jiggreen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rain is a good thing, but............

jigggreen I never complained about the lack of rain and I still got flooded. I am not a happy camper!

o

I hear you. The azaleas were clobbered, too. The storm that went through over the weekend was a doozy. I guess my gutters need to be cleaned. The water ran down the side of the house, into a window and onto the living room floor. I notive the floorboards are a bit buckled from being damp. I hope they dry flat.

This morning was so chilly I had to turn the heat up for a while.

Oh well, at least the Pieris I planted may enjoy it.

Pam

o

Since the last rain I had prior to Friday was over a month ago, I doubt I'd complain of Noah's flood. My garden has been at a standstill for 4 weeks as far as growth goes, and flowers have been lasting less than half the time they should because of the heat and drought.

Yes!! Rain is a very good thing.

George

o

I must live on a wetland because it's never dry even without rain for a few months . A few plants die but others thrive like two native atlantic white cedars but a juniper died

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here