Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triott

Pittsburgh Plant Swap?

Triott
14 years ago

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Pittsburgh Plant Swap this year?

Comments (7)

• steel_magnolia_usa
    14 years ago

I volunteered at it the past two years. I got a letter a little while back that it will not occur this year.

• dirtdiva
    14 years ago

There will be a swap at North Park on May 17th. It will be held across from the skating rink on Pearce Mill Road. It begins at 9AM and goes until 11AM. It is very informal and is hosted by Doug Oster, a writer for a Pittsburgh paper. I have gone for the past few years. The best part about it is talking with other gardeners and meeting new people.

• Triott
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I volunteered last year. I had a lot of suggestions for the person running the plant swap.

Dirtdivarocks, how does the Plant Swap at North Park work? Do you take your own plants and swap with other people? Did you set up a table to swap?

Also, this Saturday there is going to be a plant sale benefiting the Botanic Garden of Western Pennsylvania at the Green Tree Firehall.

• dirtdiva
    14 years ago

It is very informal. Tables are set up. People come and place their plants on the tables and you walk around talking and choosing plants you want. I've never been given any rules. People are on the honor system. For the most part, people are friendly and it is fun. Doug brings free tomato plants. I have run into friends and it is also an opportunity to talk with people and share plant stories.

• Triott
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. Maybe IÂll try it out this year. The other plant swap was done really bad, in my opinion.

• pattygrow5
    14 years ago

Hi girls I will be at the plant swap tomorrow also we are having a plant swap in my neighborhood on Sunday May 31st at 11am this is our 2nd year it went well last year the rules are no invasive plants and they must be potted up also we are bringing a covered dish not necessary though
    dirtdivarocks came last year we all had fun it is on Troy Hill if you are interested e-mail me for directions.
    steel_magnolia_usa I was disappointed about the frick park swap being cancelled it was a good one I would love to see you again our swap is in my friend Jans huge yard remember she voluntered with us at the frick swap I hope you can come triott you are welcome to come to our swap all are welcome just e-mail me
    Patty

• dirtdiva
    14 years ago

I'll send you an email. I want to know what you're looking for. It will be great to see you again.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting