Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allentown alpine strawberries?

Posted by lpinkmountain 5b/6a border PA (My Page) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 10:05

I want to plant Alpine strawberries in my yard. NOT the regular ones, these are very small and have NO runners. I bought some over 20 years ago at some nursery near Warminster that is probably not even there anymore, I think I heard they went out of business shortly after I bought the plants. Anyway that was my old yard. I would like to plant these very much but don't know where to find any. I could even plant seeds if I could find them. Any suggestions for a source near Allentown. I wouldn't mind driving an hour or so.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allentown alpine strawberries?

Highland Gardens in Camp Hill, PA has some in their Herbs section, but the supply is limited. Maybe you could try to find out who they got them from and call that nursery to see if they provisioned any garden shops closer to you with them.

o

• Posted by ajpa z6 se PA (My Page) on
    Tue, May 26, 09 at 10:03

I bought a packet of seeds at Ott's Exotic Plants in Schwenksville. It's a bit far from you though (probably at least one hour). Maybe they'd mail it to you? Just an idea -- the seeds are so small I don't think they'd get crushed.
If you go be prepared to buy a bunch of plants & seeds -- they have some great plants there that are hard to resist.

o

Pine Tree Seed sells seed for a few different varieties:
https://www.superseeds.com/products.php?cat=85

Alex in Bethlehem

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here