Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kris2001

nice cheap nursery near downingtown,pa?

kris2001
16 years ago

Hello Pennsylvanians!

I live in downingtown,pa, is there a nice cheap nursery in the (amish) countryside where I can buy cheap plants?

Thanks

kris

Comments (6)

• stimpy926
    16 years ago

This nursery is dedicated to gardening at reasonable prices. Annuals, perennials, shrubs, a few small trees, vines.

Here is a link that might be useful: about an hour from D'town

• rhodyman
    16 years ago

You are near some great nurseries and greenhouses:

The best places with super plants at rock bottom prices in the area are south of Reading on PA 625 down near Shady Maple Market/Restaurant.

Black Creek Greenhouse for annuals, perennials, and water plants is open from 8 am to 8 pm Monday thru Friday. Closes at 5 pm on Saturday. From PA 23 (near Shady Maple) go north on PA 625 another 3.7 miles and turn right on Black Creek Road and go .4 miles. [(717) 445-5046, 211 E Black Creek Rd., East Earl PA 17519]

Conestoga Nursery for trees and shrubs is closed Tuesday & Sunday. Open from April to November. It is located on PA 625 1.5 miles north of PA 23 (near Shady Maple) [(717) 445-4076, 310 Reading Rd,
    East Earl PA 17519]

Also, in Lancaster County area are:

Groff's Plant Farm. From Lancaster follow 222S through Quarryville. Approximately 1.5 miles south of Quarryville you will pass Solanco High School on the right. About 1/4 mile after the high school, Blackburn Road will branch off to the left. Follow Blackburn 3 miles until it ends. Turn left onto Puseyville Road, cross over the Octarara Creek, and immediately turn right onto Street Road. Follow Street around the bend, and we are halfway up the hill on the right. [(717) 529-2249 or(717) 529-3001, tcgcpg@epix.net, 6128 Street Road, Kirkwood PA 17536]

Hershey's Azalea Farm. Open 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday. Closes at 5 pm on Saturday. Open from March to October. Located north of US 30 on County Line Rd. From PA 10 go west on US 30 to County Line Rd. and then north on County Line Rd. to curve in Rd. Nursery is on the right. [(717) 442-4523, h_red2@msn.com, 775 County Line Road, Gap PA 17527]

Ken's Gardens. 1/4 mile west of Intercourse [(717) 768-3922, Route 772, Ronks PA 17572, http://www.kensgardens.com/]

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Produce Junction in Phoenixville. Not Amish country but about as cheap as you'll get.

• kris2001
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Guys and rhodyman you are the best;)!
    Do you guys happen to know where I can get simple garden accesories-chairs/ benches /rockers..etc for CHEAP??
    I dont mind driving 1 hr or more from D'town!!
    I will check Groffs soon after maybe a nice dutch lunch at Dienners!!
    TIA!

• rhodyman
    16 years ago

Black Creek had some of that stuff in the building with the cash registers. It would probably be best to call them first to make sure they still have it. (717) 445-5046

• PRO
    Water Crest Farms Nursery
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Check out Water Crest Farms Nursery, we have sales frequently! We work with both wholesale & retail customers. Our plant nursery is right off Route 1 in West Grove, PA at the Jennersville exit.