Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus Moscheutos

Posted by Nancy18509 z6 NEPA (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 05 at 11:03

I just received the root. I need infor and how to plant this
When I got it I just stuck the straight woddy part in the ground. Its planted in with other perennials In the garden but want to know if that was a mistske too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus Moscheutos

Nancy,

I have never planted a bareroot one, just those growing in pots from the garden center, but I am hoping you gave it plenty of room to grow! If it decides it likes the location, it will get huge in a few years. I will try to locate pictures of mine.

BTW..I am not to far from you, just down 81 in Wyoming.

Gerry

o

Thanks Gerry for getting back I had sent a reply email to you so it might be in your spam mail but anyway I think I planted it in the wrong spot now Im wondering if I should move it now or wait since I had to dig it up yesterday and put it in the right way. I hope it catches.
Wyoming isnt far from me at all.

o

Hi Nancy and Gerry,
If I don't know which end is up (which seems to be a permanent condition for me) I plant the root or bulb on it's side. That usually works out alright for me.

o

I had one and also two cultivars lord and lady baltimore It was much prettier than the cultivars I bought it at Bowmans wildflower preserve native plant sale But I ended up pulling it and the others out because the were being decimated by the hibiscus sawfly. Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here