Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmo_140

tree identification?

jmo_140
9 years ago

Can anyone please help me identify this tree? I don't believe it is a shrub. But it is planted right against my house and it needs to be replanted and not sure where to replant since I'm unsure what it is....any help is appreciated!

Comments (4)

• bulldinkie
    9 years ago

looks like my magnolia?Dont know the name.Tey get daisy like flo0wers.white does that sound like yours

• jmo_140
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hmm I guess it could be. I don't recall it blooming last year but it's on the least visited side of the house. I don't think it's getting enough sun so it looks a little sad too. I'll post a follow up pic once it blooms

• rockman50
    9 years ago

I don't think that is a magnolia. It looks like a deciduous azalea getting ready to bloom. They can get very large. I would move it to a spot that gets a good amount of sun--but don't move it now. I would wait until next year---very early spring--to move it while it is still dormant.

• tml911
    9 years ago

It is an Exbury Azalea...yes, they do loose their leaves(deciduous) in winter.
    As mentioned previously, wait until next year to move it, when dormant, however, it does best with morning sun until noon time, and should be protected from hot afternoon sun, especially during late June, July and August.

Todd, PCH

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?