Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

I am so happy to see roses again! (pics)

caliloo
16 years ago

After the odd weather this spring, I am so happy that the roses are blooming in PA again!

Abe Darby

{{gwi:906744}}

Alexandra Rose

{{gwi:892499}}

McCartney Rose

{{gwi:906748}}

Marie Curie (following 2 pics)

{{gwi:906742}}

{{gwi:906740}}

Gruss an Aachen

{{gwi:906750}}

Flirtatious

{{gwi:906746}}

Thanks for looking!

Comments (11)

• wolfwalker
    16 years ago

Very nice roses just wish i could grow them. thanks for posting them

• lpinkmountain
    16 years ago

I can practically smell them through the computer, they look so vivid! Thanks for sharing.
    I too wish I had more room to grow roses. I only have one wild rose and it's not a repeat bloomer. Maybe someday if I stay at my house and get back in the black I can plant a rose garden in the front of my house. Several of my neighbors have them.
    Lpink

• cloudy_christine
    16 years ago

Alexa, your roses are beautiful.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

alexa, just gorgeous. i keep saying i'm going to eventually plant more roses, but i can't until i'm done feeding my addiction to iris and daylilies. i'm going to try though to propagate some that friends and family have.

yours are just stunning. are any of them especially fragrant?

thanks for sharing your blooms!
    maryanne

• Pipersville_Carol
    16 years ago

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing! There's something special about roses, they make a mixed flower garden seem complete somehow.

I've got Rugosa Alba and Blanc de Cobert in full bloom, and New Dawn just starting.

Seems like everything has burst into bloom all at once, maybe because of the heat.

• caliloo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanke everyone!

I think all the roses I have right now are fragrant, but the ones that really stand out are:

Abraham Darby - this one has a sweet citrusy smell almost like a Tangelo.
    Marie Curie - is very spicy with a clove scent

Those two go wonderfully as a bouquet in the house. They look nice together and then the combination of the fragrances is just heavenly!

The other one I would definitely recommend is The McCartney Rose. That one is totally bullet-proof. Never a sign of blackspot, grows huge beautiful blooms and has a wonderful rose fragrance. It is one of the best roses anyone can grow IMHO.

Anyway, thanks again for looking and now that we had a little rain last night I will try to get a few more phtoos....
    Alexa

• gillian_
    16 years ago

Wow, those are just stunning. I especially like the color on Alexandra, Marie Curie...well, actually all of them! Makes me want to run out and buy some. Do you have a separate rose garden or are they mixed in with other perennials? If you have a group shot I would love to see it. I have stayed away from roses until last year when I broke down and bought Paul's Himalayan Musk because it was on sale and I wanted a good-smelling climber for the deck post. This year I just bought a yellow carpet rose (can't remember the name at the moment), still in the pot waiting for me to decide where to put it.

The reason I have been reluctant to buy roses is the JBs. At my old house I had some roses and those little monsters came in droves to feast. Do you have trouble with them or some great way to control the population?

One more question...What kind of camera do you use? Those pictures are so clear. I want to replace/upgrade my digital camera for garden shots.

Thanks for sharing,
    Gillian

• dirtdiva
    16 years ago

Absolutely magnificent!! I admire you for having such a talent to grow such beautiful roses. Wow!!!!

• topie
    16 years ago

wow, what beautiful roses! thanks for sharing these photos. they are lovely....

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

WOW--Alexa---Your pictures are gorgeous.
    Thanks again for Marie Curie she is a beauty---and you are so right MacCartney is a real stunner and fragrant ---everyone who seed this rose falls in love with it..
    Abe Darby smells great too.

I love this time of year when the roses are blooming.

Florence

• alisande
    16 years ago

Beautiful photos (unusually nice!) of beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing.

Susan

Sponsored