Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pghgardnewbie

Advice/Rec requests- Corn meal and tomatoes?

pghgardnewbie
16 years ago

Sounds like a recipe, doesn't it? Add some cheese, maybe. ;-)

So I am in need of some recommendations if you have any advice (Greater Pittsburgh Area). I have been looking for corn meal in bulk for my organic lawn "experiment" (with many thanks to the organic lawn forum), but can't seem to find it at all, or at a reasonable price. I am close to the city, so there aren't any feed stores near me (save for those that cater to the suburbanites, that is!), and anything with a "nursery" in the name wants big bucks (go figure!). If you know of one, let me know- I will keep looking whenever I head north....

The second request- does anyone know of a good place to buy heirloom tomato plants (not seeds) in the Pgh area? I was not planning to grow them this year, so I didn't start my seeds in time. I was hoping to head to the Plant Swap at Frick, but the baby is due on June 1 and I probably won't be up for it! ;-) Not looking to spend a hugs amount of dough, but I haven't been wild about the big box store's selection as of late. If you have a favorite, let me know, thanks!

Thanks in advance, everyone...happy growing in this wonderful weather!

Jen in Pittsburgh

Comments (4)

Sponsored