Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chescobob

Baby Devil Bunny

chescobob
16 years ago

I was pulling weeds this afternoon and using one of those weed forks that you fit under the weed. As I pushed my fork under one weed, I heard a yeeeeeeeee. I don't want to hear that sound when I am weeding. I pulled at the weed, and the source of the cry spilled out. Then another spilled out and another. They were baby devil bunnies--the very small version of miniature rose eaters.

Devil bunnies are not far behind devil beetles on my most hated garden pest list. So, here I was faced with baby devil bunnies who probably will be munching on my miniature roses in a few weeks. The 3 baby devil bunnies tried to get away. They couldn't run, they couldn't hop, they kind of squirmed. I immediately went for my trusty spade. These devils were getting away.

Then I went for a plastic top to a storage container and quickly put the weed with some mama devil bunny fur on top of the lid. By now, the little devils were in the grass and trying to burrow into it. I got the spade and scooped the little devils in it one-at-a-time. From the spade, I placed them under the weed--their old nest. The little devils scurried under it. I found a fourth devil and put it under the weed too. Then I went back to weeding. After some time, one of the little devils squirmed off on its own. It made its way under a rose bush and dug in. I don't know if he will be Ok there tonight on his own. The other 3 stayed under the weed.

Anyway, here is the adventurous baby devil bunny hunkered down under the rose bush.

{{gwi:1109566}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH