Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help please starting a new hosta garden willing to buy starts

Posted by fun4bru PA 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 17, 06 at 23:20

Hello all i have just starting using this website and I love it...

Ok my husband and I moved from a town house to a home with 1 and 1?2 acres... we have been trying to accumulate some plants but are having a very hard time filling this vast space... welll we love to garden and would love to start a hosta garden so I am looking knowing how easy hostas are to grow and split for people the are willing to sell me a start from theirs and of course we would pay the shipping too our email is
fun4bru@yahoo.com
i would love sum and substance, big daddy and elegans hostas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help please starting a new hosta garden willing to buy starts

Usually you find me on the hosta forum. I enjoy this one as well.

Congrats on your new home!

If you email me I can send you some Ventricosa seeds in the fall to get you started. A very common, green hosta, but is my favorite for backgrounds and massing. I guarantee they will grow for you. Literally have thousands of them growing here. Extremely hardy.

I will also email you back a picture of their growth habits to give you an idea if you want this particular kind. The gold and varigated varieties look even better in front of the Ventricosas.

o

Where are you located? I could give you some that are solid green and some that are green and yellow. Sorry I don't know the variety -- I got them from someone else many years ago. I would never take money for them! We gardeners must stick together.

Pam

o

Are you anywhere near Bucks? I can offer you lots of undulata and probably starts of several other varieties. Email me through GW if you are interested.

Alexa

o

Our master gardeners are having a plant sale this Friday in Chambersburg and we always have alot of hostas for sale cheap. If you don't live too far away it's an option.

o

Where are you located? I have some you can split if you have a shovel.

o

If you are near Washington, PA, I have lots of plants you can have. We bought our 10 acres of pasture land that I had to beg, borrow and trade to fill up the 2 acres that are now garden. Bring a shovel !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here