Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adams county garden group ?

Posted by threedogsmom 6b New Mkt MD (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 8:02

Is there any interest in starting an Adams county garden group/club ? I think the people on Gardenweb are more passionate about gardening and plants than those found in your typical/local garden clubs. I think it would be nice to have a group of people who are willing to host a "garden party" once a month, to show off their garden to the group and provide light refreshments. We could plan shopping trips to nurseries that are a bit far away, and plan to visit different botanical gardens/garden tours throughout the year. We could also host a plant swap for Adams county once a year. Very informal, just people with a common love of plants and interest in garden design, willing to help each other with advice and enjoy the company of friends in a garden backdrop. It would be good to keep the group small, so host costs wouldn't go through the roof (10 ppl max).
Is there any interest from anyone ?? I live in Carroll Valley btw.
Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adams county garden group ?

Amy,
Hi. I do a lot of gardening at my farmhouse north of Biglerville. I haven't really seen a lot of posts from people in Adams County on this forum. There is a small group in my neighborhood that does a yearly plant swap though I haven't participated.

I actually live in Carroll County Maryland and belong to a Federated Garden Club there which does the very things that you are interested in. Under pagardenclubs.org, our Adams County area is part of District 4 for the PA version.

What you are suggesting sounds nice but I don't know that I could host much since our farmhouse in PA is a major fixer upper and not ready for company. I do have a lot of fun with my veg and flower gardens though this is only my second year and I'm trying out a lot of things--no doubt will have to move a lot of plants later!

Perhaps some people will come out of the woodwork on this forum who live in the Adams County area. I'm always game to meet new gardening friends from either state!

o

I live in Pgh, but I work in Adams County in the summers. I'm a garden junkie, and would love to participate, but since I have no address there, I can't host anything.

o

Just finding you all--newbie to garden forum. I'd be interested in most anything, even hosting. I am just southeast of Waynesboro in Cascade, MD... maybe I can't cuz this is named Adams county???

o

Well, I found this post about 6 years too late maybe??? I am in Adams County looking for local garden swaps here or near Westminster, MD. Any ideas, folks?

o

Im from Adams co but I cant now I go for dialysis3xs a week I need a kidney..Wish I could

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here