Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit trees in chester county?

Posted by silent1pa (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 9:34

Does anyone know of any vendors selling fruit bearing trees in chester county? I would like to find several different species but ahbor buying online bareroot stock. I will be removing an 80+ year old apple tree (peco hacked it)and would like to put in a few dwarves to replace it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit trees in chester county?

Try Main Line Gardens on Paoli Pike. They have a very big selection of trees. I know Waterloo in Devon had some and the one in Exton may as well.

Yes, PECO is brutal on trees. I've seen a lot of their hatchet jobs around here.

o

Thank you dedtired...I hadn't considered mainline until you mentioned them. I have a customer waiting on windows near Malvern prep so that will work out wonderfully.I hate to bring the old tree down but since it is so large I figure I'll make myself a new kitchen it.

o

I hope you find what you want there. I just enjoy wandering around that place. Good luck.

o

Silent1pa, I just sent you an email. I live right around the corner from MLG. I'm interested to know what you did with the old apple tree (if you've removed it yet). Depending on what kind of shape its in, I myself, or a good friend may be interested in the lumber if you don't have plans for it. He's made some really neat projects with apple wood, and I myself am a woodworker as well. I could help cut it down if its not already.

o

Hi curdy....If you don't mind I am gonna hang on to your e-mail address. I haven't taken either of the old apples down yet but they are measured and marked. Either way just the larger one appears to be almost three times the possible board foot than i am going to need. There is a going debate between myself and a friend as to the age of the tree. I assume it was planted around the late twenties when my house was built but he insists that it is much older.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here