Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gshann

Any horror stories?

gshann
17 years ago

Did everyone make it through the night? Much of our mulch was seen leaving down the sidewalk yesterday afternoon, but other than that and an over-matched gutter, we're ok. We always seem to see toads when we have heavy rain like that. Maybe they get flooded out of their usual hiding places?

Comments (10)

• caliloo
    17 years ago

My horror story is the 4-footed kind.

With the big rains last night it seems to have washed the Deer Off from my daylilys and they were all eaten last night. They also ate the scapes off my taller hostas, some of my sedum, phlox were nibbled and the roses were denuded.

• chescobob
    17 years ago

It looks like the worst is yet to come. My grounds are completely saturated with over 6 inches of rain. Fortunately, we just missed some heavy rain that went to the west of us into Lancaster County.

Tonight, we are supposed to get up to 3 more inches with winds. I'm wondering if the trees in the front of my woods will stay up over night or if they will find a place to fall on the house. Things could get ugly here by tomorrow morning if there are any significant winds.

• naturenut_pa
    17 years ago

I'm sure that there will be horror stories to come. We spent last night helping friends who live along the Delaware, moving as much as possible to the second floor. This will be the third time they have been flooded in 2 years. I think it's absurd...to me, that's the kind of thing you should only have to go thru once in a lifetime.

• Pipersville_Carol
    17 years ago

naturenut, I hope your friends are okay. I'm sick thinking about the poor folks who live nearby in Lumberville. Three times in three years is just inconceivable.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Our little town of Yardley is facing another flood---
    We are high on a hill but the folks by the river are in danger---Again.

Florence

• chescobob
    17 years ago

We didn't get the predicted heavy winds so everything is OK here.

It looks like many other areas of our state are flooded.

• naturenut_pa
    17 years ago

I could not believe the images I saw on the news tonight.

My best wishes go out to all of those affected.

• nick_17815_pa
    17 years ago

Just some flooded gardens (some still holding water) and a foot in the crawl space with all the rain Tuesday night and the ground already saturated had no where else to go. Houses 500' down the road had mandatory evacuations, but luckily I'm uphill from there...Susquehanna is just beyond their houses...

• cyberianblonde
    17 years ago

I've also been watching the news with all the flooding around here.
    I'm hoping you all will be alright and come out of this unscathed.
    Please let us know when you can.
    Becky

• geoforce
    17 years ago

Dasically no damage yet except a few culms of bamboo bent over and a few dead sticks blown down in the yard. Up to a little over 8.5 inches now but my soil drainage is so good I didn't even have mulch moved around despite being on a 50% grade. The weeds are growing fast though, and I refuse to pull them when I have to remove a cup of muddy soil with the roots of every one. The overcast weather has been great for all my newly planted stuff, but the rains are a way bit much for all at once.

George

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA