Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BERWICK....what can you tell me?

Posted by earthlydelights Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 11:39

hi all, what better way to learn about an area than to ask fellow pennsylvanians?

anyone have any experience and/or first hand knowledge of the area?

i'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

thanks,
maryanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BERWICK....what can you tell me?

Hi Maryanne,

My mother was born and raised in Berwick. I still have lots of family there and have been visiting Berwick my whole life. I can tell you it is a small and quaint town. Not a whole lot of action. They love their football team, which is notoriously good for such a small town. Jobs though are limited, not a lot of businesses in Berwick. Most of my cousins have gone to college and never returned to live because of the limited career options. Shopping also is fairly limited. It is a short drive to Bloomsburg though.

What were you interested in about Berwick? Maybe I can answer more questions.

o

I live in Bloomsburg so Berwick is close by. I'll be glad to answer any question you have if you want to drop me an email.

o

thanks. i always want to move. i want to stay in the state (as far as i know) and i saw a really nice house with decent ground. i was just curious what the area was like - and i just fell in love with the "town hall". what a building! (sssshhhh, don't tell anyone - i'm not much of a football fan LOL)

nick, i sent ya an email. thanks for the offer :)

maryanne

o

I drove through Berwick a couple of years ago, on the way to a B&B in Eagle's Mere. What a pretty place! Seems like a real old-fashioned small town. Houses were neat as a pin, lots of pretty gardens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here