Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good deals at lowes

Posted by Karolina11 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 12:35

I know we prefer to shop at local nurseries but I was at lowes today (in State College) and they had some good deals so figured I would share in case more of the stores were doing it -

They had quite a few of their 1.5qt perennials on sale for $3.33 - I picked up two Rudbeckia and a Salvia

It also looks they're trying to move hydrangea - had their forever and after series on sale for five bucks. I picked up four different kinds.

Hope someone else can take advantage!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good deals at lowes

I have been able to find lots of good deals at big box stores. However I am a big fan of supporting the locally owned nursery and garden centers. Altough their prices may not be as cheap, the plant quality, employee knowlege and daily care of the plants for sale is much better and worth the extra cost.
Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Design Idea -- Blog

o
RE: good deals at lowes

I've picked up some fine plants at Lowe's,
also some not so fine, keep the receipt, they do honor a 1 year return if a plant doesn't take..
Lowe's store treats us very good, I'll support them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here