Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thuja green giant source in eastern PA?

Posted by liza_pa z6 SE PA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 05 at 15:20

Hi,

Just joined garden web and loving it!

Anyone know of a eastern PA nursery offering Thuja green giants? I saw the list of mail-order sources on the Ozarks forum but would like to see them live before purchasing.

Thanks,
Liza

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thuja green giant source in eastern PA?

Hi Liza. I got some Thuja occidentalis at Home Depot. I don't know if this is the same exactly as 'Green Giants'---Hopefully, because that is what I was looking for! But, these look the same and are supposed to grow fast to. The common name on the tag said Emerald Green Arbori..... You know that really long word-- Arborivotae??? I forget, sorry.
But maybe check out Home Depot.

~mgood4u

o

Liza,

Darrel Apps the daylily man at Woodside Nursery in Bridgeton NJ generally has these at a good price.

Give him a call for nursery hours and be sure if he has them this year.

George

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodside Nursery

o

Styer's east of Route 202 on Route 1, claims to sell it. However, you must phone ahead and have them run a check to see if it is (and how many) in stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Styer's

o

Thanks to all who replied!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here