Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
REblooming iris

Posted by galsal2 z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 17:59

What are the best reblooming iris in the Central PA area? When do they rebloom? August or September?

Thanks.

Sally

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: REblooming iris

Reblooming iris will send out a second bloom in August, September, or even the beginning of October, depending on the variety, and the kind of summer we have in a particular year. If you purchase your rebloomers from a PA grower - email me if you want some names - you're more likely to get rebloomers that will put on a show here. Many of the iris listed as rebloomers by the American Iris Society registry will not do so in our relatively shorter season, compared to the big growers in California or the Midwest.

katie

o
RE: REblooming iris

Thanks, Katie. Do you have the names of any growers or names of iris that rebloom here? I live in Harrisburg.

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here