Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgood4u

Need help caring for awesome tropicals

mgood4u
18 years ago

A terrific person just gave me some beautiful bulbs and a Dendrobium loddigessi Orchid. I love them and so now I am in a panic! I have a Blood Lily (Hippeastrum) bulb. He said to give it a rest for a month or two and then pot it up since it just got done blooming. So, that I can do. I also have a Gloriosa lily tuber. I'd love to grow these outside and bring them in before winter. Is it too late in to the summer to plant them now? Should I put the Gloriosa into moist peat moss and darkness until next spring? I also have Zephyr lily bulbs. Can I put these outside and expect them to flower? Am I better off waiting until Spring for all of these? Should I store these the same way as the others? Now, for the Dend. orchid, This is attached to a bunch of black little sticks - lol- This I am sure is the potting soil for it. He gave me some good advice about soaking it in water and stuff. My question is that he has a wire going through the black stuff, is this to hang it from something? Can I just hang it as is or do I have to put the whole thing in a pot? Can I put it outside for the summer? It isn't blooming now.

Anyone here in z6 have these kind of things and can give me some good advice so that I don't kill them?

Thanks, mgood4u

Comment (1)

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!