Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naturenut_pa

Rain..oh please, please......

naturenut_pa
17 years ago

Supposed to be thunderstorms today.

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!!

In the past 2 weeks, our rainfall total has been less than an inch. The ponds are drying up, I'll lose all the goldfish.

Rain all around us, soooo close, for the past 2 weeks.

Comments (6)

• Pipersville_Carol
    17 years ago

naturenut, I thought your post was in jest!

We've been swamped down here in Pipersville. Just last night we had another huge storm. You're up by Lake Nockamixon, right?

I'll do a rain dance for ya.

• backyardmom
    17 years ago

sorry naturenut.down here in warrington we've had alot of rain in the last two weeks.last night a good down pour.
    i'm glad we had alot last week.we had no electric for 4 days and we have wells.so my neighbor has an above ground pool and the rain over filled it.so 5 neighbors took water from the pool to use to flush toilets. and it looks like rain coming now. i hope you get some joan

• naturenut_pa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, Carol!
    Sadly, no, it was not in jest. Last weekend we drove down 611. From Ottsville and south, you could see a lot of rain had come come down. Even yesterday afternoon, it was supposedly pouring near Ringing Rocks, just 2 miles away.
    We watch the lightning and hear the thunder over Lehigh, Hunterdon and Warren counties, and it moves south to central Bucks.

Getting dark now, so your dance might be working ;-)

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

That can be so frustrating when the rain is all around you and you're not getting any.

We had quite a bit last night and about an hour ago we had some

We were watching the weather channel and it looked like the storms could be up in your area.

You are north of me.

Hope you got some rain.

Florence

• naturenut_pa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Joan,
    Thanks for reminding me that I should be careful of what I wish for! Sorry to hear about the outages. The longest we've ever been "out" was 11 hours, but the temp went down to 4 below zero that night. Hurray for the wood stove :-)
    But you're right, it is VERY inconvenient without plumbing of any kind!

Thanks, Florence, I was watching the radar very closely. Once again, we were bypassed :-(

When the rain comes from the west, just before it gets here, it's like it hits a brick wall and continues eastward both north and south of us.
    I think most of our annual precipitation comes in the form of snow!

I know this sounds nuts...but nobody ever believes it. A few years ago I would capture the radar images from accuweather where you could see the rain all around us. I should have saved them. It's such a strange phenomenon.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

That is really strange. I don't think you are very far north of me .

We have had rain for the past two days.

Of course last week we were without power for 5 days.

That was pretty horrible--no AC etc.

I hope you get rain soon.

Florence

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations