Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

newbie needs help with Japanese Beetles..

roorezzi
16 years ago

Hi everyone, I am in the Poconos area, and the Japanese Beetles have begun emerging. We have been in the house a year and a half (so this is our second summer.) We didn't notice many beetles last year. Many neighbors had beetle bags, but we didn't have any. We noticed a few on the trees by the road, but far from the house.

In the fall the lawn started to look unhealthy - not really browning, we thought it was from the dog running out. This spring we were pulling up some thatch and noticed grubs - many of them - and now we realize the dog was tearing up the lawn b/c there were grubs.

So - What do we do? I have conflicting results when searching, some say use the bag, some say it attracts more?? I don't know if I can stomach closing up a bag witha bunch of dead beetles in it anyway! YUCK! I know I am a wuss.. lol..

Also - once the beetles have emerged, how long do i wait to put down a grub control. I had reserched a while ago and can't find the link, I thought it was about 2 weeks after the sighting. I can;t believe how many are here - and they keep banging into the house and windows..

What kinds of plants do they go after? or do they just go after trees?

Sorry for the number of questions - this is our first house and never encountered anything like this before??

Thanks in Advance!!

Ruth :-)

Comment (1)

Sponsored