Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aci1419

Where can I find a fig tree now in Pittsburgh, PA?

aci1419
17 years ago

Does anyone know what nurseries are currently carrying fig trees in the Pittsburgh, PA area?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• llangrove
    17 years ago

I don't know of any nurseries that carry fig trees. But, if you live south of Pittsburgh, there is a fellow on RT 51 in Rostraver Twp. that is always selling them from his home.

• maggiecola
    17 years ago

LMS has a HUGE tree and bush selection (acres and acres).

Call them to see if they have fig trees:

L M S Greenhouse And Nursery
    3312 Wagner Road, Allison Park, PA 15101
    (412) 767-7020
    business profile : phonephone : map : save
    http://www.lmsgreenhouse.com

Here's a link to the phone book so you can see the map:

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?C=greenhouse&STYPE=S&L=Glenshaw+PA+15116&EG=1&MC=1&OO=1&F=1&EEM=1&CP=Home+%26+Garden%5EHome+Improvement+%26+Maintenance%5EOutdoor+Structures%5EDealers%5EGreenhouses%5E

I know they'll get anything in someone wants too.

• peaches20
    17 years ago

You may want to try and/or call Plumbline Nursery in Murraysville. They have a large selection of trees. I haven't been there in a while but they are worth a call.

Peaches

• aci1419
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Many thanks to all three of you for responding. I will be following up on all of your leads!

• HerbLady49
    17 years ago

I bought mine from www.forestfarm.com

• bonsaist
    14 years ago

Fig trees are available in Bethlehem, pa.

Here is a link that might be useful: Treesofjoy.com

• jsmvmd
    8 years ago

Tractor Supply had Chicago Hardy, Celeste and Brown Turkey cultivars. Some stores might still have them. You have to call around. Lewistown store has nice plants in 2 gallon pots for $26.99 which should produce this year. Would suggest you get dormant cuttings locally in the early spring next year and wrap them in moist paper towels in Ziploc bags. Worked for me. Many videos on YouTube demonstrate how easy it is. "You Bet Your Garden" website has archived answers. Trees of Joy is good, but Bass must be overworked as he's slow to answer. Check with local Italian clubs or churches. "If you ask, you will find."

• poaky1
    7 years ago

llangrove does this guy in Rostraver have anything besides Figs? I am about a half an hour drive from him.

Sponsored