Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
black walnut trees

Posted by Messymarsy2 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 18:07

We have recently purchased a few acre property in West Chester. The property has a significant grape vine problem. We read that black walnut trees kill these. I would love to plant a few in the wooded area. Any idea where i could buy them in this area. Obviously not in Bucks county due to the quarentine, but I am willing to drive a few miles to get them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: black walnut trees

We read that black walnut trees kill these.
....yes and many other plants too.
Black walnut tree are messy, not very attractive and there are many other ornamental trees and shrubs that will not grow in their root zone. Getting rid of one troublesome plant with another troublesome plant may not be the best choice.
You dont find any black walnuts for sale in nurseries because they are not a great plant to grow in your yard and it will take years to yield their impact on the grapes..

Try cutting the grape vines. Maybe do a little at a time. I am not a fan of Round up - but it may be a better choice.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: ohio help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here