Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Damp, little sunlight corner. Ideas about sprucing it up?

Posted by steverlsw PA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 20:50

The picture kinda says it all. It's become a corner that collects toys. It s in the corner of my house. It doesn't get much sun and stays a little damp most of the time. I had put temporary pavers against the house in an effort to pitch some of the water from sitting against the foundation. I also have an extra long spout to also take some of it away from the house. I guess my question is that what can I do around this area to make it more presentable? I do have a 3 year old at home so I may be able to actually use the sandbox or work it into the plan. I'm open for any suggestions. Play area? More pavers? Anything other than weeds and toy collection area!
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Damp, little sunlight corner. Ideas about sprucing it up?

I would try to make a gradual stair type planting area.
on each level place pots to grow plants in.
In a small space I have made gradual plant steps.
This allows for more space vertically.Putting tall plants on top then gradually putting smaller ones on bottom levels.

o
RE: Damp, little sunlight corner. Ideas about sprucing it up?

In my damp spots I'm planting clethra and winterberry holly which are supposed to be damp tolerant. Clethra has wonderful fragrant blooms but it is supposed to attract bees so that is something to be aware of.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here