Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
if you've never considered a sod cutter.....

Posted by Frizzle z6 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 05 at 15:27

you MUST!!! MUST consider renting one! it was the ultimate - absolute - best thing EVER MADE!!!

we rented one last weekend - hubby complained that the plants were in the "way" of the mower. i said - well, i'm not moving them, so he suggested making the best bigger (hehee) of course i then told him to have at it because that would be a long hard job with a shovel.

wrong! he rented a sod cutter! 16" strips of the most cleanly cut rolls of grass you've ever seen - 3 strips wide too! each pass around took about 45 seconds.

that's right! i've got all that mulched space now and just between you and me - you KNOW i've just GOT to fill it up now!

new side bed

front bed that was new this year is now even BIGGER!

heheheeee

Here is a link that might be useful: Expanded garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: if you've never considered a sod cutter.....

Do you mind an inquiry into what rental costs were?

It looks fantastic and is giving me inspiration for next year.

o
RE: if you've never considered a sod cutter.....

it was about $50.00 but when you factor in the speed, the ease and the degree of pain in the back that would have been involved it was well worth it. hubby said - whatever we paid for this is worth it! and that was after the first pass around.

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here