Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone live near California University?

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 16:12

I am going to band camp there as a chaperone for my daughters band I will have some down time would love to visit someones garden but only if you are close and I can walk don't drive LMK. patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone live near California University?

I live 2 minutes from there, and I also work there (went to school there too LOL). My garden is not really worth visiting, though, it does not have a design to it. It's just a big mass of perennials and a few annuals. :)

o

I understand that there is a demonstration garden on the campus at CU. Some of our Master Gardeners have done hours there working in that garden. Don't know the exact location but the campus isn't that large, maybe someone could direct you.

o

Yes, the demonstration garden is in the center of campus, in front of Noss Hall. That one has been there several years. I also recently noticed a new one being started at the back end of the chemistry building (New Science building).

o

Update: this campus is a disaster. The original demonstration garden is now gone. The 2nd one still exists though, near New Science. They tore out a great row of spruce trees that used to be nearby, where lots of birds used to spend time :( they also tore out a planter wall I used to enjoy, near New Science.

The campus is a wreck (10 million construction projects going on) and they started a lot of it just this past week, days before school is about to open again. Dumb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here