Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any ripe tomatoes yet?

Posted by jennwestpa pa.zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 18:19

This is the first year that we haven't had to battle any blight or disease,but our tomatoes will not ripen.Am I jumping the gun?I hope they ripen before the blight seeks us out and wreaks it's destruction!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any ripe tomatoes yet?

We have a few ripe tomatoes just in the last few days. Unfortunately, we also have some blight. Don't think it's the late blight that everyone is talking about because it hasn't effected all of the plants and the tomatoes on the effected plants don't have dark spots on them.
Carol

o

That cool, wet weather had a lot to do with what you are seeing, trim out all suckers, and all affected branches, the plant will improve within days. I am picking Romas, Cherries, and Mountain Fresh tomatoes now, I have had maybe 15 ripe ones so far.

o

It wasn't until the last week or so when everything started to show signs of ripening here in zone 6b. Since you most likely got a slightly later start than us, you should be seeing those green tomatoes start to blush very soon. Especially since it is getting hotter outside. Hand in there. It shouldn't be long now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim's Garden

o

Yummmmmeeee. We had our very own tomatoes for supper tonite. Well worth the wait!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here