Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Golden Chain Tree losing leaves

Posted by sallyt z6 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 18:55

My golden chain tree has been losing it's leaves for quite some time now. It does this every summer and makes quite a mess. Does anyone have a tree that does the same or knows why it drops it's leaves so early? Thanks for any responses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Golden Chain Tree losing leaves

A friend of mine (in zone 5) pulled her golden chain tree out because of the very same thing. I think they're just messy trees.

o

I bought mine at Walmart in 2003 and it never flowered and this spring it totally freaked out. Now it's just a stick with some funky white fungus thing up and down it's trunk. I need to tear it out of ground now but scarlet runner bean vines are using it as their pole.

o

Most of the leaves are dead or have fallen off but now there are new ones growing. It has flowered for years but seems to drop it's leaves really early, especially this year. Maybe it was due to our lack of rain. Thanks for your responses.

o

We are at the lower end of the hardiness * range for Laburnum, and it doesn't do well with our heat. It grows better up north. I have one, it looses it's leaves every summer, then grows more, before going into dormancy, finally, in late fall. It does not matter how much water it gets.

Here is a link that might be useful: * zones 5b thru 7

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here