Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
organic feed stores

Posted by StudentOfSoil PA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 21:43

I'm looking for an animal feed store where i can find things like 50 pound bags of organic soybean meal, kelp meal, greensand, alfalfa meal, diatomaceous earth, etc. I'm in Allegheny County in western PA but am willing to travel. Thanks for any help!

SOS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: organic feed stores

Saw this posted on another forum

you should be able to find organic poultry feed somewhere near you. Contact the Pennsylvania Organic certification organization. They should be able to refer you to certified feed mills in the state.

I used to buy Cargill organic feed from D & L Enos in Sugar Grove, PA, but I'm not sure they still carry it. You may be able to find a feed store that can order it, although around here it runs $25 for a 50# bag. Lakeview Organic Grains (http://www.lakevieworganicgrain.com/) located in Penn Yan, NY) has weekly deliveries to Western NY and I believe they also deliver to locations in Pennsylvania as well. I've been pleased with the quality of their feed and their service.

You might also contact Fertrell. They are based in Pennsylvania and provide organic minerals for animal feed. They likely know who the organic mills are that carry their products

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here