Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandprix1_gw

How to grow vegetables in cool weather?

grandprix1
13 years ago

Any suggestions how to grow vegetables into the fall and winter in Pennsylvania? I have a summer garden that does fairly well, however, I would like to continue growing into December and early January. Our state fair is in January and many people enter their vegetables into the state fair in January! How do they do it??? I would like to try entering some of my vegetables, but do not know how to keep them viable until January. Below is a list of some of the categories of vegetables that are in the fair. If you have any recommendations on one or more and how I can grow these into January, I would welcome your help! Maybe people store them somehow for a month or two, but I'm not certain. I would like to enter our PA state fair this January with my vegetables! Thanks!

Carrots, Garlic, Beets, Parsnip, Radish, Rutabaga, Leeks, Onions, Turnips, Brussel Sprouts, Celery, Cabbage, Gourds, Pumpkins, Lettuce, Endive, Escarole, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Collards, Kale, Squash- acorn, butternut, dumpling, winter, etc., plus any other vegetables! Also- chestnuts.

Comments (3)

Sponsored