Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where can I find black plastic containers cheap

Posted by farfrae 6 central PA (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 08 at 16:10

I am dividing a lot of perennials for myself and some folks at work. I have run out of containers that I saved. Are there any garden centers in the Lancaster, PA area that would part with some of their black plastic containers for free or say a token price of 10 cents per container?

I went to SKH (Lititz location) this morning and they were willing to part with some for $1.00 each, used containers no less. I said "no thanks". This makes me less enthusiastic about their prices and all the plants I bought over the years.

I wanted to get this project wrapped up but it may have to stretch out over this week. I'll use small cardboard boxes if I have to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where can I find black plastic containers cheap

Too bad you don't live closer to Chambersburg...I have quite a few saved up. I usually take them to the Amish nurseries after I have a stack.

o

If you are still looking, head over to River Road Produce on 441 between Marietta and Bainbridge. Wes will be more than happy to let you take his used pots. I think he is closing November 1st.....

o

I got a couple free from the Stauffers in Rohrerstown.. I think it might depend who you ask in the nursery.. some of the clerks looked at me like I was nuts and some looked at me like they didn't know what I was talking about.. I found them up by the checkout near the information desks.

o

www.recyclingservices.org

This place is a treasure trove of repurposed stuff. they recycle everything and people bring in household items to resale. There is a big section of plastic pots in the corner of the property. It's in Pottstown right off of 422.

o

• Posted by ajpa z6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 13:22

Someone used to give me plants from her garden just in a grocery plastic, double-bagged, watered.
Kind of forced me to plant them right away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here