Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mombo_gw

Sneaky Frost

mombo
18 years ago

Well it was 27 this morning. I wasn't prepared so I guess some of those (yesterday still beautiful) potted plants I had all good intentions of bringing in are now compost. It is official now my gardening is over except for cleanup BUMMER!!

Comments (7)

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

The NWS had been hinting at frost up your way for a few days now. Depending on where your plants were sitting, they might be able to pull through if you can get them inside ASAP (often the duration at freeze temps will make a difference of whether the plants are complete toast or only have some cosmetic damage that can be removed).

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    18 years ago

I had frost all over the car (where is that ice scraper?) this morning but it doesn't look like anything suffered damage in the garden. I'm surprised! I thought for sure the sweet potato vines and impatients would be goners.... I'm thinking the coating of rain saved me.

Our low was predicted at 38. Thought I was safe until I saw the ice! It will be my own fault if I don't take advantage of my second chance and and bring in the cuttings and plants I wanted to save.

Why can't I be one of those people who starts bringing stuff in when it's dry and warm in September?

• carol_se_pa_6
    18 years ago

I think the Poconos and northern PA is supposed to get some wet snow today and/or tonight. Yuck!

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

Ack, snow in the Poconoes already? That's depressing.

• earline_pa zone 6 Pa.
    18 years ago

The dark-eyed Juncos are in my yard now (southern most end of Berks)and we have always associated their arrival with snow ;)

• wolfe15136
    18 years ago

There is a wet snow/rain mix falling in Pittsburgh this morning, but no killing frost yet!

• witsend22
    18 years ago

Well I'm so glad now that I was one of those who started in September this year. Today the first snow of the season arrived here in south central. Funny thing is we haven't even had a frost yet but the ground is covered. I stayed up until almost midnight working in the basement getting the last ones I brought in cleaned off and repotted.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz