Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myclementine123

Local source for viburnum

myclementine123
17 years ago

I'm looking for a local source for Viburnum Carlcephalum and Burkwookii. I live just west of Philly. Checked online and shipping is outrageous for 20 1-gal containers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (6)

• lkplatow
    17 years ago

Did you check with Waterloo Gardens in Devon? I was just there and they had a bunch of viburnums. Worth giving them a call...

• myclementine123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was hoping to avoid the mainline mark up at WLG. I could pay the shipping costs and still end up paying less. I was wondering if there was a source out in Lancaster.

• lkplatow
    17 years ago

Actually, WLG is having a big clearance sale - almost everything is 40-50% off. I got a beautiful 3 gallon abelia bush for $15. Not too bad....

• Pipersville_Carol
    17 years ago

And plants from a nursery will most likely be much larger and less stressed than mail order. If the cost is the same, I'd buy locally.

• Annie_nj
    17 years ago

Fairweather Gardens, NJ has viburnums, but they aren't cheap. They have several open houses throughout the year, or you can pickup anytime, saving shipping.
    Musser Forrests (mail order)also has viburnums, although not the variety you specified, but very reasonable.

• Mike Larkin
    17 years ago

Carol you have a wonderful point. The mail order will probably be 12" -18" Then a few years to get to a size that you can see it in your landscape.

Always good year end sales and any nursery.
    I have been to Lancaster -- SKH - good place, quality plants - Also lots of small local nurseries - Just depends where you live in Lancaster.

The key is to find a place that cares for their plants ( all season) , waters on a regular basis. Some of the Cheaper Stores- lack in the plant care and proper id of plants and then you are stuck with a bargain -that is really not a bargain when you have to replace next year or you have a mislabled plant.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH