Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you notice the snow?

Posted by scrappyjack (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 12, 06 at 17:55

Hello from Forest Co.! We had our first "snow" of the season. It was rather wet but it was snow!

Spent the afternoon gathering firewood, and had just put a fire in the fireplace since we're suppossed to get a killing frost tonight.

Now i'm making a chicken pot pie with the last peas picked from my mother-in-law's garden.

Fresh peas in a pie on a cold night by the fire. Sounds nice! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you notice the snow?

the potpie and fire certainly sound great. i can make a mean pot pie, but i'm without a fireplace .

i'm right outside of philly (montgomery county). we had non-stop rain all day yesterday and into this morning, but no snow. it's rather windy and i believe going down into the 40's tonight, which makes for great sleeping weather.

i've been diligently working outside to get winterized ahead of time, because you just never know what season it's going to be from one day to the next anymore. hope to get all my houseplants in by the weekend.

stay warm, happy autumn
maryanne/earthly

o

I didn't see any snow over here in Bucks County, just north of Philly, but it was 34 degrees this morning. Crunchy light frost on the ground.

o

I SAW SNOW! I was driving to the grocery store here in the Greenfield section of Pgh. when Low and Behold, giant snow flakes swirled all around my car. First I saw one on my windshield, then two, then three, and then all of a sudden they were everywhere. I remember snow on Oct. 17th one year, but I don't recall any this early. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

o

No frost on my place in SE Chesco, but at work over in Delaware county there was a light frosting on the lawn.

George

o

I only had a light frost on Friday and a heavier frost this morning. I saw snow on TV and hope it stays there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here