Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new GW format

Posted by witsend22 6Pa Bedford Co (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 24, 05 at 2:48

whats with this new set up took me 15 minutes just to figure out where where pa gardening went.

have to wait and watch and see if this is better or not. guess I will have all winter to see since snow has arrived tonight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new GW format

I'm with you on the new format. The color doesn't change to highlight the ones visited in the recent past either. Definitely not an improvement. The pages take longer to load on dial-up too, about 36 sec/page. I find the hassle of opening them is driving me to spend less and less time here. I think they only want to appeal to broadband people who can tolerate the constant linking to commercial ads in a million devious ways. Oh well, GW was a nice ride while it lasted.

o

The alphabetical list of forums is at the left side instead of at the right side. That being said, I still don't like the new format, either. Bah!

o

I don't like it either. For me the color scheme makes it harder to read and therefor harder to find the forums I want.

o

I thought the print was smaller, too. It's definitely not an improvement.

o

I like the format - I only ever looked at the Garden Forum - Now I have easy access to all the forums. There is the thing with the ads - but I can easily click them away.
Change is not always easy -

o

I don't take change well myself but in time I will adjust because that is the only choice besides finding an alternate site.

The only real problem I see I'm actually going to have is what carol and MrsGalihad have already touched on. The print size combined with the color combinations makes it very hard for me to read. If I can't see the information here I will look where I can. Hopefully they will increase the text up a font size or so and play with the color to make it clearer and sharper.

o

I haven't even seen the new format for the list of forums. I have the few I look at like this one and Winter Sowing bookmarked in my favorites and just click in from there. Now, I guess I will have to go look and see what everyone dislikes about it. I probably wont like it either...I haven't liked any of the changes since iVillage took over.

~Gillian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here