Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pennycp

Where is everyone?

pennycp
18 years ago

Where has everyone gone? There seems to be very little activity from Pennsy gardeners.

Check in once and a while!!

Comments (11)

• wolfe15136
    18 years ago

I'm here. This weekend will be a busy one! I need to clean the leaves out of the ponds! And I need to tie up the shrubbery, clean up under the fruit trees, etc.

I love the cool weather!

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    18 years ago

I'm here. Tile project last week so there's not much else going on. I hope to sneak out this afternoon, enjoy the sun and mow the lawn (mostly to chop the leaves-not the grass).

• chescobob
    18 years ago

I still check the forum. I painted my garage, finished some last minute landscaping, and I am now planning to put in additional organizing hooks and cabinets in the garage. I have to do some work on my roses and mow the lawn for the final time. Then add winterizer to the lawn, put down some milky spore, and get in the house before it gets really cool.

A bit later, I will spray some young plants with Wiltpruf.

• bulldinkie
    18 years ago

uh theres no gardening going on...I wish.Im about as ready as Im gonna be for winter in Pa...

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

I,ve been busy on seed exchange forum.CHECK IT OUT. Patty

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

I'm still gardening here in Philly. Haven't had our first frost yet. Been busy getting some last minute cuttings of tender perennials and preparing to put the container garden to bed! Have a bunch of new plants out there bought for hummers this year, so it will be interesting to see how they do over winter.

• gillian_
    18 years ago

I've been gathering up seed for Winter Sowing. It sure helps get through the winter blahs.
    We have had a frost here in NW PA but I still have stuff to do outside. I really need to get a mulch cover on some of the beds. Snow is coming!

~Gillian

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

I'm here!

Finally got out into the garden last weekend. It felt good to get some weeding done. I've got 30 bags of mulch to spread. And no time to spread it, these dark evenings are a bummer.

• naturenut_pa
    18 years ago

with this weather, i haven't wanted to be anywhere near the computer!

I've been storing and labelling seed for next year...cutting down annuals and perennials that have given up...mowing the lawn just to mulch the leaves...chopping as much firewood as i can get my hands on...weeding...dividing bulbs...figured one of the wheelbarrows was history, so drilled holes into it and painted it to be used as a planter.

this is normally the time of year when i run around in the woods, freeing saplings from honeysuckle, or cutting down standing dead wood for firewood, because there is nothing else to do.
    this year has been so weird: 2 floods, then drought, then going straight from summer to winter.

• witsend22
    18 years ago

still haven't found time to get my bulbs in the ground yet. might just make one massive planting and be done with it.

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

I agree, this has been a strange year. I feel like we're in the dead of winter all of a sudden. The forecast is calling for a low of 19 tomorrow night. Brrr.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living