Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike_larkin

Your Favorite Gardens to Visit in PA

Mike Larkin
11 years ago

What are some of your favorite public or private gardens that you have visited in Pennsylvannia? Maybe you visited a private garden when you were on a garden tour.

We are very lucky to have some really nice gardens in PA. I have a pass to Longwood Gardens and try to visit several time a year. One of my favorite gardens is Chanticleer Gardens in Wayne PA http://www.chanticleergarden.org/

I also try to get to Hershey Gardens annualy to see their great display of roses in the early summer.

Share some of the places you have visited

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

Comments (11)

• lizelle
    11 years ago

My vote goes to jenkins arboretum!Hands down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenkins

• krismast
    11 years ago

We go to Longwood. I count myself lucky to live only 30 minutes from Longwood. We have a membership too and have gone at least 6 times this year. It pays for itself!

Kristopher

• Mike Larkin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Has anyone been to Phipps Conserv in Pittsburgh?
    I agree that Longwood is a great place to visit, even in the winter the things to see is spectacular.

• Dzitmoidonc
    11 years ago

Been to Phipps. It is like entering another dimension. Nice gift shop too. Spending a day there is not in any way shape or form a waste of time. The area near it has nice architecture, it is just off an old college campus. Mellon? I forget.

• yutopia
    11 years ago

Phipps is excellent. I love the cactus room and their tropical bonsai show is coming up!

• SusanBachman
    11 years ago

I loved visiting Hershey Gardens this summer. The Penn State Arboretum is nice. I also like the Philadelphia Flower Show.

• japus
    11 years ago

My veggie garden, my wife's flower gardens are the most favorite places I want to be.
    Right now they look like winter stuff, I'll post pics when their up.
    We have an Indian corn grinder ( a piece of stone weighing about 4-500 lbs in the center, next to a 50+ year old Lilac bush, our deck is covered with wisteria, Virginia creeper, and grape vines. a Bartlet pear tree growing in the middle of the deck 50+ years old, 10 or so bluebird houses rented by house and carolina wrens. (hopefully)
    No place I would rather be

• chriswanderer90
    11 years ago

I've been to Phipps Conservatory. It was really convenient going there any time with my UPitt student ID pass. Now that I graduated, I feel like I took it for granted lol. I should have gone every week.

I really like spring time. The butterflies hatch out and you could see them around the gardens.

• japus
    11 years ago

Chris
    Phipps is surely one lovely place, we go there often also

• demeron
    11 years ago

Morris Arboretum in Chestnut Hill outside Philly is marvelous. Longwood at least twice a year, of course, and Hershey Gardens at rose time is de rigeur.

• Dee67
    11 years ago

there is also Walker Gardens in Bigler.Haven't been there yet....on my bucket list

Sponsored