Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your Favorite Gardens to Visit in PA

Posted by plantman56 z6 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 12:45

What are some of your favorite public or private gardens that you have visited in Pennsylvannia? Maybe you visited a private garden when you were on a garden tour.

We are very lucky to have some really nice gardens in PA. I have a pass to Longwood Gardens and try to visit several time a year. One of my favorite gardens is Chanticleer Gardens in Wayne PA http://www.chanticleergarden.org/

I also try to get to Hershey Gardens annualy to see their great display of roses in the early summer.

Share some of the places you have visited
Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your Favorite Gardens to Visit in PA

My vote goes to jenkins arboretum!Hands down.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenkins

o

We go to Longwood. I count myself lucky to live only 30 minutes from Longwood. We have a membership too and have gone at least 6 times this year. It pays for itself!

Kristopher

o

Has anyone been to Phipps Conserv in Pittsburgh?
I agree that Longwood is a great place to visit, even in the winter the things to see is spectacular.

o

Been to Phipps. It is like entering another dimension. Nice gift shop too. Spending a day there is not in any way shape or form a waste of time. The area near it has nice architecture, it is just off an old college campus. Mellon? I forget.

o

Phipps is excellent. I love the cactus room and their tropical bonsai show is coming up!

o

I loved visiting Hershey Gardens this summer. The Penn State Arboretum is nice. I also like the Philadelphia Flower Show.

o

My veggie garden, my wife's flower gardens are the most favorite places I want to be.
Right now they look like winter stuff, I'll post pics when their up.
We have an Indian corn grinder ( a piece of stone weighing about 4-500 lbs in the center, next to a 50+ year old Lilac bush, our deck is covered with wisteria, Virginia creeper, and grape vines. a Bartlet pear tree growing in the middle of the deck 50+ years old, 10 or so bluebird houses rented by house and carolina wrens. (hopefully)
No place I would rather be

o

I've been to Phipps Conservatory. It was really convenient going there any time with my UPitt student ID pass. Now that I graduated, I feel like I took it for granted lol. I should have gone every week.

I really like spring time. The butterflies hatch out and you could see them around the gardens.

o

Chris
Phipps is surely one lovely place, we go there often also

o

Morris Arboretum in Chestnut Hill outside Philly is marvelous. Longwood at least twice a year, of course, and Hershey Gardens at rose time is de rigeur.

o

there is also Walker Gardens in Bigler.Haven't been there yet....on my bucket list

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here