Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf lady!

Posted by paula_in_PA z6 SEPA ChesCo (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 05 at 20:13

Here I come.. lol. I made rounds of the township yesterday, collecting leaf bags from people's driveways. The mini van was emptied of it's bench seat and 2 single back seats. 5 trips, with the van packed, and now I've got LOTS for mulching, and composting. They do all the work of paying for bags, raking, packing them, hauling them to the curb. Ha ha, I only have to put them in the van, bring them home, and unload onto my skids. Next year, I'll chop them with my blower/vaccumm/chipper machine for excellent gardener's gold. One haul I made revealed it's contents to be already chipped! Do they KNOW what they're throwing away??? LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf lady!

Apparently not. Last week I tagged along with DH on a business trip to NJ. I watched from the window of the Embassy Suites motel as the maintenance person swept leaves from the parking lot and deposited them into the trash receptacle. The motel was surrounded by woods. I wanted to ask her if I could have them but she didn't speak English....why in the world would you put them in the trash? HELLO!!

o

I've been SO tempted to stop and pick up some of those bags of lovely leaves!

I used to live in a small town, and one autumn a neighbor put out three bags of clean, fragrant dried pine needles. Why would anyone rake up pine needles?? I snagged them, and used them as mulch in a shade bed. Beautiful.

o

You should stop and get them Carol, like $ in the bank as far as I'm concerned. I can take the chipper over to the tarp covered pile and open a few bags whenever I want, that's convenience. Pine needles? People actually pay good $ for that. I'm lucky to have them, but not enough (large) deciduous trees!

o

The only thing is, I've got a brand new station wagon and am REALLY trying not to wreck the interior with gardening or animal stuff. Boy, is it hard. No trashpicking, either. It kills me.

I should just use my husband's old Toyota truck, and let him drive new car!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here