Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
days getting longer now

Posted by Naturenut_PA z6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 9:07

for those of you who are like me, and watch the days getting longer to make winter more tolerable, i've found a great website.
you click on the option to print your own custom sunrise and sunset calendar, and select the closest city, etc...

i just printed mine for the months of december and january. it appears that while december 21st is touted as the shortest day of the year, the 22nd and 23rd are just as short. i'm ogling the january calendar. it appears that in the 3rd week, the pace picks up a bit.

here is the website:

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: days getting longer now

Fun site, I downloaded the program they had and now it is on my system tray.

Thanks for the link

Gerry

o

• Posted by mombo z5Poconos (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 28, 05 at 9:08

Thank God days are getting longer. Interesting web site. Thanks!

o

A lot of people love the fall season. I admire those people.
I for one hate the grey days and waning sunshine. To me all the fall colors just look like a bunch of plants dying. (ok maybe it's not that bad), but I am glad to see days getting longer.
The sun seems stronger too, I love it when after a heavy snowstorm the sun comes out strong and bright. Everything looks clean and fresh... all my outdoor works in progress are out of sight and out of mind!

o

OK. We have one month down. January, February, and half of March to go.

o

Cool site, Naturenut. I bookmarked it.

GO PENN STATE!

o

I go a bit further. end of march be more to my liking. As I get older I like green more and more but not enough to want to move to florida. Not even for the winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here