Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Belated Christmas Gift to Myself

Posted by TheAnalyst z6b PA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 29, 05 at 20:40

Does anyone else have the mini greenhouse (FRO) from Ikea? If so, does it work well? I wanted to buy this last summer, but when I went to the store it was sold out. Well, what do you know, the FRO came back at Xmas.

Sarah

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Belated Christmas Gift to Myself

How big is FRO? He looks more like a tabletop terrarium for houseplants.... very attractive yet I wouldn't send him outside to fend off the ice and snow.

What do you plan on keeping inside FRO?

o

Here are the dimensions:

Length: 19 "
Width: 9 "
Height: 9

I'm not sure what I will do with the Fro yet. It is like a tabletop terrarium. In fact, I already have a tabletop terrarium, so I will probably wait until the weather becomes warm and put the Fro outside. I'm not sure what I will put inside it; the bottom is simply the steel rack, however there is a piece of polystyrene which can be placed across the bottom. There is some space between the lid and the frame, so air can circulate in and out.

Sarah

o

hmmmmmm...... maybe it could be an outdoor fern propagation chamber..... or an outdoor house for a moss collection? I always wanterd to grow ferns and moss from spores but it sounds complicated. I thought ferns and moss were supposed to be "primitive" plants??

He's a nice looking FRO anyway, I'm sure he will be put to good use.
Kato

o

I'd use it outside as a cold frame to grow lettuce, under an overhang or beneath a picnic table to keep it from getting soaked.

It's cute!

o

Thanks for the ideas Kato and Carol. Unfortunately Carol, I'm not big on growing lettuce; I prefer to buy. If I grow it, it would force me to eat more salads than I would like to...haha.

I will figure something out.

Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pennsylvania Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here