Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Variegated Ponytail Palm

Posted by linda244 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 08 at 21:38

I am looking for a variegated ponytail palm, I am afraid that I don't have anything to offer for trade right now except a chinese aralia. Thanks.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Variegated Ponytail Palm

These are expensive and hard to find. I have one, I bought it from Tropiflora in Sarasota FL. They used to run about $150, the price is down to around $40 now. You might email them and see if they have any available. I don't know any other source.

o

Yea they re expensive, we have a garden center here that had them at one time for $20 but they stopped carrying them. There is a guy on ebay, who lives in Titusville that charges about $40 for his, he told me that he had some kind of deal with Norway or somewhere like that to get them imported..dont know how true it is...But thank you for your suggestion....

o

Linda, I live on the line between laurinburg NC. And McColl SC. and at walmart about 7 miles from my house they have plenty of ponytail palms for about 7.56 I bought a bucket with 5 in it I am raising some in my seed station right now just letting you know try your walmart thanks rob

o

Hey There Rob, I have been to my Wal-Mart here in Virginia where I live and they have ponytail palms, but not the variegated ponytail palm that I am looking for. Nobody seems to have them. Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated....

o

Hey Linda:

Where in VA are you? I just moved back to Iowa from Prince William County in Northern VA. Merrifield garden center in Vienna had a few of the variegated ponytails when I visited last winter. You could try contacting them, or if they don't have them, they may be able to order.

o

Hey There Stokesjl,
I am in Hampton, Virginia and we cannot get any variegated ponytail palms here, nobody here has them. I have been told that they cannot be found anymore due to the hurricanes that Florida had sustained, that you can't even find them there anymore...

o

merriefield garden center is in Vienna, VA. But if Linda's message is any indication, it may also be a dead-end. We had a few at a garden center I worked at out here in Iowa last summer. Next time I'm in there, I'll ask my old boss if they might have some lying around. He often gives me a nice little discount as well ;-) I'll keep you posted.

o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270400721280

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here