Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Sabal Minor Seeds from Yucca Do

Posted by dallasgarden z8 Dallas (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 11, 06 at 22:28

I purchased a Sabal Minor palm from Yucca Do Nursery 8 years ago and it set seed. (a lot of seed. I've managed to germinate about 150 seedlings that were sown in September) I still have about 100 seeds that have been kept cool in the fridge and am willing to trade for some semi-hardy tropicals that can take Dallas, Texas temperatures or anything from my trade list. Yucca Do said that this was an extremely cold hardy palm originating from Oklahoma. I'm also looking for some needle palm seedings or seeds...any takers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Sabal Minor Seeds from Yucca Do

I have Sabal palmetto and Phoenix canariensis seeds if your interested.

Just let me know
Greg

o

Hi dallasgarden,
I'd love to have about 20 or 30. I have Livistonia decipiens, Jubea chilensis, Bismarkia nobilis, Brahea edulis(zone 8), and silver queen palm.
LMK,
Kyle

o

Kyle,
I would gladly send you some sabal minor seeds, but would rather trade for a piece or rhizome of Gunnera manicata. I noticed it on your trade list and would love to have some for near my koi pond. I can also throw in a red pinecone ginger if you like..it has beautiful tropical foliage and has been cold hardy here in Dallas.

o

Sorry Dallasgarden, I traded the last of those last fall. I do have a few Dioon edule seeds (I think from northern part of range). Let me know if your still interested, but I can't respond for a few days.
P.S. I more comfortable trading plants for plants and seeds for seeds.

o

Tropicallvr,
The dioon edule seeds will work. Send me your address and I'll send you some sabal minor seeds!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here