Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Black Sphinx date palm off-shoots

Posted by datepalmer Az 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 20, 06 at 1:28

I have recently removed and planted Black Sphinx date palm off-shoots to trade for Barhee and Khalasa off-shoots. Will remove from your tree with my tools and clean up after removal. If you are a date palm enthusiast I would like to talk to you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Black Sphinx date palm off-shoots

I am Phoenix nut but do not have barhee or khalasa, I start all of mine from seed. Currently have close to 160 seedlings of different sizes from new shoots to 2 gallon.
Varieties I have:
Phoenix reclinata
Phoenix canariensis
Phoenix dactylifera
Phoenix sylvestris
Phoenix loureiroi

LMK if you would be interested in a trade.
Greg

o

do you have any offshoots left,i would love any kind of palm for my front yard
thanks tiggie

o

Dear DatePalmer:

I just came across the old posting about your Phoenix dactylifera 'Black Sphinx' cultivars. Are you still able to get pups from the original trees? I would be very interested in talking to you about the possibility of getting some of these from you. I live in Del Mar, California. My e-mail address is playero@earthlink.net.
Thanks and best regards.

Ken

o

Hey datepalmer!
Is there any way I could get an off-shoot from you? I'm crazy about black sphinx dates, and would LOVE to have my own fruiting palm someday! Sorry this reply is a few years late, and happy birthday by the way! Please let me know if we could work something out, thank you so much! I'm in South Scottsdale

o

Hi, i live in a black sphinx date palm grove, in phx. and we are in need of as many pups as possible. we are looking to replace 30 or more of our trees with smaller, younger ones. Do you have access to ANY pups or know where we might find some.
thanks,
Robin

o

I would like to plant black sphinx date palms or phoenix dactylifera. Could you please direct me to a nursery in Phoenix where I could purchase them? Thanks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here