Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Have: Livistona decipiens 'Ribbon Fan Palm' seedlings

Posted by kamiljablo 6 (kamiljablo@sbcglobal.net) on
Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 15:15

Hello!
I have 10 trades (3 seedlings each) of Livistona decipiens known as the Ribbon Fan Palm. I am interested in any passion fruit vine, vanilla orchid, and bamboos. I also would really want some dragon fruit is anyone has some. I am only interested in the Moso Bamboo or Buddha Belly or any other hardy bamboos to my zone. I am also looking for miracle fruit seeds and lots of pots!

NATURAL HABITAT- This palm grows on the river banks, and coastal areas of central Queensland in Australia.

CHARACTERISTICS The ribbon palm is the most attractive of all livistonas and can grow to around 30 feet.
Their leaves are finely divided and droop down. They are quite cold tolerant and will do fine in zone 9 or higher.

TEMPERATURE ZONE- Temperature Zone 9-11

ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS Enjoys full sun and moist soil.

Soil: Moist and well drained2

Light: Half shade

Watering Requirements: Medium

GROWING TIPS- This Palm needs a lot of sun once established.

Thanks,
Kamil

PS: Need to get rid of!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Have: Livistona decipiens 'Ribbon Fan Palm' seedlings

if available i want 9 of the palm seedlings--i have varigated rhapis paLMS (6 INCH POT) SELL FOR 75 DOLLARS EACH,i WILL TRADE ONE OF THEM FOR YOUR PALM SEEDLINGS DON HUDSON

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here